This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patches for ltconfig
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at delorie dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patches for ltconfig
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:05:04 +1100
- CC: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, BINUTILS Patches <binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <200002270841.DAA25042@indy.delorie.com>
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Who should get patchs for ltconfig? I found a problem there which
> causes trouble on DOS 8+3 filesystems, and I'd like to send the
> patches for that.
It's part of libtool (from memory). The home page is somewhere on
As for how to submit a patch. I'd suggest:
o check that binutils contains the current
official libtool stuff
If it doesn't, submit a patch to gdb-patches
and binutils to get that updated. (watch
out for local changes).
o in parallel submit your patch to the
o submit a patch to gdb-patches / binutils
to get your change added to the local
The main thing is to try get the patch into libtool so that when someone
updates these files your changes don't disappear.
What-if there are delays in getting the change into the official
libtool? I don't know. Ian?