This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: A patch for gnu-regex
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Subject: Re: A patch for gnu-regex
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:01:37 -0800
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com,GDB <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <20000307134103.A20533@valinux.com> <38C585BB.3F7B1AC7@apple.com>
On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 02:42:02PM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" wrote:
> > I believe gnu-regex is maintained in glibc 2. I'd like to use the one
> > in glibc 2 instead of the one in gdb.
> I don't know if there is any more elegant way to handle the linux.mh vs
> linuxlibc1.mh distinction (although we should try, instead of making
> still more file semi-clones), but you could simplify the source files by
Agreed. The problem is gdb_regex.c. I will see what I can do.
> making a gdb_regex.h similar to the other gdb_*.h substitute files, and
> put the #if sequence in it.
I will try that.