This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: A revised patch for dlclose
- To: toddpw at windriver dot com
- Subject: Re: A revised patch for dlclose
- From: Jim Kingdon <kingdon at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:41:00 -0500
- CC: hjl at lucon dot org, kettenis at wins dot uva dot nl, gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200003080849.AAA18417@alabama.wrs.com>
> If each DSO was given its own obstack, it would be pretty easy.
This is largely a solved problem (via objfiles).
See my dlclose() patch:
especially the call to free_objfile.
Or for another example look at clear_solib which works one struct
so_list at a time.
There are a few loose ends in freeing, but it is the tangled logic in
find_solib that is tripping us up more than the freeing.