This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: minor watchpoint code cleanup
- To: jimb at zwingli dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: RFA: minor watchpoint code cleanup
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at delorie dot com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:44:56 -0500 (EST)
- CC: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200003180006.TAA26919@zwingli.cygnus.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> This is just a cosmetic change. Let me know.
> 2000-03-17 Jim Blandy <email@example.com>
> * i386v-nat.c (i386_insert_nonaligned_watchpoint): Use a
> two-dimensional array, instead of faking it with explicit index
While we are talking: someone (H.J. Lu?) suggested to make the
watchpoint insertion code common to all x86 targets. What's the
current say-so on this?
It seems like a good idea to me. In particular, i386v-nat.c could use
some of the trickery, bug-fixes and features from go32-nat.c ;-).
For example, note that the function which removes non-aligned
watchpoints, doesn't go through the same routine as the insert
function does (does that mean that nobody has ever tried to use non-
aligned watchpoints on SysV?).
(And go32-nat.c should probably get the same change as you did above.)