This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 4.17 Patch for stack aligned i386 code
- To: john at feith dot com
- Subject: Re: GDB 4.17 Patch for stack aligned i386 code
- From: nsd at cygnus dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:07:54 GMT
- CC: cgf at cygnus dot com, eliz at delorie dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, jimb at cygnus dot com, msnyder at cygnus dot com
>Are you handling non-leaf functions even when the stack pointer is changing?
Yes. It works by emulating instructions to figure out the stack pointer
on entry to or exit from the function. The opcodes library, with a few
minor changes, provides the instruction information in an
>Does your patch handle functions where the prologue uses "andl" to align
I don't know. Do you happen to have an example of how to generate such
code? I'd be interested in trying it.