This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/RFC] Add i386_cleanup_dregs at program exit.
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:20:19 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA/RFC] Add i386_cleanup_dregs at program exit.
On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Pierre Muller wrote:
> The patch simply calls i386_cleanup_dregs
> in breakpoint_init_inferior if context is inf_exited.
Is this really necessary? Why do we need to propagate processor-specific
issues into breakpoint.c?
I thought there was a simpler solution back when we discussed this.
Something that would leave this issue where it belongs: in the
> I have no idea if other processor might need a similar
> cleanup of debug registers
They probably don't, since we didn't hear anything from their users.