This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Eliminate EXTRA_FRAME_INFO & FRAME_FIND_SAVED_REGS
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:28:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Eliminate EXTRA_FRAME_INFO & FRAME_FIND_SAVED_REGS
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> On Jan 12, 11:50am, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > This patch eliminates the deprecated macros EXTRA_FRAME_INFO &
> > FRAME_FIND_SAVED_REGS from the arm target support files and replaces them
> > with the new methods for doing this.
> I submitted a patch to do this last month. Unfortunately, the ARM
> maintainers have not had a chance to review it yet.
> See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2001-12/msg00397.html
Argh! Sorry Kevin, I'd missed that patch, and it isn't in the list of
posts I'd hung on to (actually, I'd already left for Xmas by that point,
so it was probably part of the 5000 or so emails I had to skim when I got
back in January ;-(.
Hmm, it seems substantially the same as mine, but with a couple of minor
1) You don't seem to initialize the pointer fields in the static frame
2) Similarly you don't seem to be allocating the saved_regs for the
caller_fi frame (arm_frame_chain). You do, however, allocate the
3) You have a cleanup for the extra_info allocated above, which I hadn't
thought about. I think one is also needed for the saved_regs.