This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Remove KERNEL_U_ADDR from config/nm-nbsd.h
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:07:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Remove KERNEL_U_ADDR from config/nm-nbsd.h
- References: <20020118095617.F28259@dr-evil.shagadelic.org>
> The following patch removes the definition of KERNEL_U_ADDR from
> the NetBSD native configs.
> The reason for doing so: the definition is completely bogus. NetBSD
> has not used the U-area for process or core file debugging for many
> many years, and the U-area isn't even double-mapped at a fixed address
> anymore (i.e. there is no "u.").
> In addition, pulling in <machine/vmparam.h> (for the USRSTACK definition)
> on some targets causes a compilation error, since this file is not meant
> to be included directly (or by userland at all!).
> * config/nm-nbsd.h (KERNEL_U_ADDR): Remove.
Ah. Yes, approved.