This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: patch to robustify gnuv3_rtti_type
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at dberlin dot org>
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:24:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: patch to robustify gnuv3_rtti_type
> What is the current status of support for namepace-handling in gdb?
> If we fix gcj so it emits the same debug into as g++ (i.e.
> 'java.lang.Class' is emitted as plain 'Class'), can gdb "do the
> right thing" based on the mangled names? If not, can gdb handle
> dwarf2 namespace information (which g++ currently supresses)?
No, it can't, which is why i still haven't committed a patch to add it
that Jason approved eons ago.
I'm going to just add a -gdwarf-3 switch, and make it dependent on that.
> -- --Per Bothner
> email@example.com http://www.bothner.com/per/