This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Help needed with sparc
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, jsturm at one-point dot com, atpoquet at ucdavis dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:20:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: Help needed with sparc
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <200201232315.g0NNFw309706@banach.math.purdue.edu> <email@example.com>
Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2002, Brad Lucier <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Re:
> >> You must use a 64-bit gdb to debug 64-bit Solaris executables.
> > Which version of gdb? I got the following message when trying to
> > configure 5.1:
> > env CC='cc -xildoff -xarch=v9' ./configure sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
> > ...
> > checking for X... libraries /pkgs/XFree86-18.104.22.168/lib, headers /pkgs/XFree86-22.214.171.124/include
> > configure: error: *** Gdb does not support host sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
> gdb's configure recognizes sparc64-sun-solaris2.8, but not
> sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8. Here's a patch that I've had for a while that
> addresses this inconsistency in GDB WRT other packages. I'm not sure
> I've posted it before. Ok to install?
Inconsistency WRT other packages? The only configure script in which I
find the string "sparcv9" (and admitedly I've only searched the
tools) is ld.
But I don't have a problem with it...