This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH] Mention "trust-readonly-sections in NEWS.
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at cygnus dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:50:28 -0800
- Subject: [PATCH] Mention "trust-readonly-sections in NEWS.
2002-01-30 Michael Snyder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* NEWS: Mention "set trust-readonly-sections" command.
+ * New command "set trust-readonly-sections on[off]".
+ This command is a hint that tells gdb that read-only sections
+ really are read-only (ie. that their contents will not change).
+ In this mode, gdb will go to the object file rather than the
+ target to read memory from read-only sections (such as ".text").
+ This can be a significant performance improvement on some
+ (notably embedded) targets.