This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: Do solib address arithmetic with appropriate truncation
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at cygnus dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:01:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: Do solib address arithmetic with appropriate truncation
- References: <20020203013131.C26295E9DE@zwingli.cygnus.com>
On Feb 2, 8:31pm, Jim Blandy wrote:
> Sat Feb 2 17:03:26 2002 Jim Blandy <email@example.com>
> * solib-svr4.c (svr4_truncate_ptr): New function.
> (svr4_relocate_section_addresses): Do the address arithmetic with
> the appropriate truncation for target addresses, even when
> CORE_ADDR is larger than a target address.
I think this is a satisfactory short term (or even mid term) solution.
I think the long term solution will be to introduce a method for adding
offsets to CORE_ADDRs. See
I think it's okay to commit this patch, but I'd appreciate it if you'd
add a comment indicating that svr4_truncate_ptr() should be removed
when methods for adding displacements to CORE_ADDRs are introduced.