This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: Recognize bottom of stack on Linux
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at zenia dot red-bean dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:01:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: Recognize bottom of stack on Linux
- References: <200202040206.VAA21952@zenia.red-bean.com>
On Feb 3, 9:06pm, Jim Blandy wrote:
> Now, some folks feel that GDB should show the whole stack, including
> _start, __libc_start_main, and anything else that's there. However,
> this isn't the way GDB has ever traditionally behaved on native
> targets. So this patch makes GDB's backtraces end after main.
What's the reason for this change? I think it'd be better for GDB
to show as much of the stack as possible regardless of tradition.