This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: SH5 simulator contribution
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:48:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: SH5 simulator contribution
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I would like to contribute the Hitachi SH5 simulator (sh64). The
> patches appear below. Can this please be accepted into the FSF GDB
(and the simulator code?)
This is significant and hopefully a good thing. The old sh simulator is
legendary, in some circles for, probably, all the wrong reaons. Still
Firstly, GDB already has an SH simululator that can be used to generate
a sh1, sh2, sh3, sh3e, sh4 and sh-dsp (but only one at a time). Does
this new simulator cover that set or only a subset? i.e. is it a drop
Secondly, the MIPS, mn10300, d10v and other IGEN simulators support more
than one cpu variant (can't use ISA - see binutils list :-/). How does
this simulator go in this regard?
> I have already made the requisite changes to the FSF master copy of
> config.sub. Shall I import the latest version?
Anyone can do that anytime. See src/MAINTAINERS for the process.