This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: SIM: Handle XScale COFF binaries
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:04:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: SIM: Handle XScale COFF binaries
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Hi Guys,
> I have checked in the following patch. It fixes the ARM simulator
> so that COFF based XScale binaries will be correctly simulated. The
> problem was that the COFF header did not have enough bits to
> distinguish between the v5, v5T, v5TE and XScale architectures, and
> so it was defaulting to v5, disabling the simulation of the XScale
> 2002-02-04 Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
> * wrapper.c: If a v5 architecture is detected, assume it might be
> an XScale binary, since there is no way to distinguish between
> the two in the COFF file format.
Can't we restrict this so that it only happens if we have COFF files (as
it stands ELF files will do the same as well).