This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] fix for utils.c bool problem
> Sorry if I missed an objection. I was a little out of it yesterday.
> The immediate problem was -not- fixed. To start back at the beginning
> - On my machine, running a current Debian system, <curses.h> includes
> <stdbool.h>. We have to live with that. There's nothing I can
> particularly do about it.
Is that a current or a released debian system? A released system I'd
probably agreeable to. A current system I'm less so.
> - The way I tried to fix this was by also using stdbool.h if it was
> available. But <stdbool.h> conflicts with an awful lot of existing
> code. This is unfortunate, and this is where the proper fix lies,
> - The way I settled on fixing this, and committed, was to use
> <stdbool.h> if something included before bfd.h had already brought
> it in. This appears to work in all cases.
> I strongly want to avoid leaving GDB unbuildable on this class of
> systems. I don't have any particular attachment to my patch. I would
> love to revert it, as soon as there is an alternative solution in
See my thread on binutils about how to fix the problem.