This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: parse Sun's STABS syntax for prototyped function types
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at zwingli dot cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:38:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: parse Sun's STABS syntax for prototyped function types
- References: <20020209070157.DA50C5E9DE@zwingli.cygnus.com>
On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 02:01:57AM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
> GCC doesn't emit this --- yet. :)
> Note the 'to do' items; that's why this is an RFA and not a patch.
> 2002-02-08 Jim Blandy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * stabsread.c (read_type): Add code to parse Sun's syntax for
> prototyped function types.
How do you get a Sun compiler to emit these? I tried two function
.stabs "bar:G(0,27)=*(0,28)=f(0,3)",32,0,4,0 !(/tmp/acompAAA6Qaajn:84)
.stabs "foo:G(0,29)=*(0,30)=f(0,3)",32,0,4,0 !(/tmp/acompAAA6Qaajn:87)
Those're both unprototyped but the last one shouldn't be. There are no
'g' types at all.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer