This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/testsuite] Allow __libc_start_main above main in annota1.exp
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at zwingli dot cygnus dot com>
- To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>, drow at mvista dot com,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 09 Feb 2002 11:19:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA/testsuite] Allow __libc_start_main above main in annota1.exp
- References: <200201301602.g0UG2Ro27845@duracef.shout.net><3C58212C.5BB1291F@redhat.com>
Fernando Nasser <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> > BTW, the annotation interface is deprecated (see the NEWS file
> > in gdb 5.1.1). I'm in favor of maintaining test scripts for
> > deprecated features for a while, but I don't feel an urge to
> > solve the "giant annotation line" problem.
> > Andrew or anyone, can you say how long the annotation interface
> > is going to stay around?
> I believe as long as emacs uses it.
M-x gdb doesn't use it. There's no way to know whether anyone's using
the other interface; it could just lie around for years.
I think we should #ifdef out support for the annotation interface, and
see if anyone complains.