This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: complete -vs- duplicates, take 2
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: fnasser at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:10:51 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: Patch: complete -vs- duplicates, take 2
- References: <email@example.com> <3C517C33.13B8A9D4@redhat.com> <2950-Fri25Jan2002204302firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: 14 Feb 2002 10:51:14 -0700
> So instead I've simply posted the entire functions in question.
> Basically complete_line() was made by cut-and-paste from
> line_completion_function(). No semantics were changed.
Thanks. The separation of code from line_completion_function is okay
But I'm still missing something: how do the other changes (in
cli-cmds.c) avoid removing duplicates twice? I see that you added
duplicate removal to cli-cmds.c, but how does that prevent Readline
from doing the same again? What am I missing?