This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/c++testsuite] New test for constructor breakpoints
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:12:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA/c++testsuite] New test for constructor breakpoints
- References: <200202200003.g1K03xl32217@duracef.shout.net>
On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 06:03:59PM -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> Aieee, I am having an instant allergic reaction to -notransfer. Nothing
> else in the test suite uses it except for some internal multi-line stuff
> in gdb_test which I do not trust at all. So we get to be the first
> soldier on the beach. I don't want to have result variations depending
> on what version of "expect" somebody has.
> There's got to be a better way of tracking which breakpoints have
> been successfully set. Maybe set_bp_overloaded should record that
It has been in expect since at least 1995. I'd much prefer not to have
an allergic reaction to it; in fact I'd much prefer to use it more
universally, to reduce similar cascades.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer