This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PATCH multi-arch GET_LONGJMP_TARGET
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:44:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: PATCH multi-arch GET_LONGJMP_TARGET
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Thinking about it, the cleanest way to handle this for now is to change
> the test for a definition of JB_PC, since unless that is defined the code
> won't compile, and even if it did it would give the wrong answer.
> As far as I can tell, apart from i386, only two further ports define
> GET_LONGJMP_TARGET: arc and sparc. Arc seems never to use the code
> (there's only one .h file for that port and it doesn't define
> GET_LONGJMP_TARGET or JB_PC); Sparc seems to define it for pretty much all
> configurations I can think of.
> <date> Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * arc-tdep.c (get_longjmp_target): Only compile this function if
> JB_PC is defined.
> * sparc-tdep.c (get_longjmp_target): Likewise.
I've committed this, given that it was potentially breaking these targets
by not having this change.