This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa:testsuite} Overhaul sizeof.exp
- From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: ac131313 at cygnus dot com, drow at mvista dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:05:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: [rfa:testsuite} Overhaul sizeof.exp
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200202201749.g1KHnlv04009@duracef.shout.net>
I can take a look at the KFAIL stuff this weekend if you want.
But if the ample majority wants to try again  and is willing to
work in establishing polices to try and make that work
this time and is willing to help enforcing those polices I would
agree with that.
So, I am for ->[2']->[0']
2' -  with extrict polices to prevent xfails to be forgotten.
0' -  but the tests are saved somewhere, so they are added
when the fix goes in.
Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> It sounds like we understand the alternatives and everyone's got opinions
> about them.
>  Status quo
>  FAIL the test
>  XFAIL the test
>  KFAIL the test
> I'm concerned that for each alternative, someone will find a flaw, and
> therefore we'll stick with  and keep rejecting useful tests.
> Fernando and Daniel and Andrew, I'd like to hold your feet to the fire:
> Can you please rank these in priority order and indicate how many of the
> high priority ones are acceptable.
> Also there may very well be a  that I haven't heard of or thought of.
> My rank is  >  >  > . , , and  are acceptable to me.
>  is not.
> Michael C
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9