This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Gdb line table implementation tweak
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: jimb at redhat dot com, kettenis at kettenis dot dyndns dot org
- Cc: fnf at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:52:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Gdb line table implementation tweak
I'm seeing the same bugs on:
[target=native host=i686-pc-linux-gnu%rh-7.2 gdb=HEAD%20020222 gcc=2.95.3 glibc=vendor goption=-gstabs+]
It looks like two bugs, or maybe two manifestations of the same underlying
bug. One manifestation is that the "step" command does not step into
the function being called. The other manifestation is a lot of messages
such as "No line number known for main."
It did not happen with gdb=HEAD%20020216 in the same configuration so it's
a recent regression. Also, gcc 2.95.3 -gdwarf-2 works fine, as do all the
gcc v3 compilers (with both dwarf-2 and stabs).
I am filing PR's in a few hours with log excerpts and stuff.