This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc/testsuite] Fix read-only fileio test on GNU/Linux
- From: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:04:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc/testsuite] Fix read-only fileio test on GNU/Linux
- References: <3FF9C291.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I think this deserves a "how did this ever work" award :-)
The file was being created writeable (the S_IWUSR flag passed to open()) so little wonder GNU/Linux allowed an open-write (causing the test to fail) and who knows how/who this worked on BSD and remote systems.
Tested on BSD and GNU/Linux. Baring comment I'll commit in a day or so.
Committed. This leaves just:
FAIL: gdb.base/fileio.exp: Renaming a directory to a non-empty directory
returns ENOTEMPTY or EEXIST
I'll follow that up shortly.