This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa] delete more mmalloc remnants
- From: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec dot gnu at mindspring dot com>
- Cc: cagney at redhat dot com, eliz at gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:45:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: [rfa] delete more mmalloc remnants
- References: <20040119222614.A45C94B359@berman.michael-chastain.com>
This patch deletes more remnants of --with-mmalloc.
I tested this by building on native i686-pc-linux-gnu and
running the "break main; run" test.
I need several approvals for this, including a doco approval.
Okay to commit?
I agree with anything user visible being removed. For the remaining
internal stuff perhaphs hold off a little. I'd like to see:
- ISO-Cify src/mmalloc/ (yes it really is still k&r) and export a
"struct mdesc" like object.
- implement a obstack like object that is derived from the mmalloc
object (so that the mmalloc directly knows about it and hence can
directly save/restore it - no need for all the messy code I zapped)
- look at using that in the symtab always
Now that there's a clean slate someone might be interested.