This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] S/390 port modernization - revised 4/4
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, uweigand at de dot ibm dot com
- Date: 20 Jan 2004 14:55:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] S/390 port modernization - revised 4/4
- References: <200401191931.UAA02622@faui1d.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Assuming these four revised patches introduce no new ARI hits, they're
approved. There is only one change I'd like to see, to the log
> (op_*, op1_*, op2_* enums): Add several new opcodes.
It's best never to use wildcards in ChangeLog entries. People don't
read the ChangeLog from start to end (or end to start); they search
for entries that refer to the item they're trying to understand.
I think the ChangeLog entry should specifically list those op* values
that were added:
(op1_ag, op1_ay, op1_brasl, op1_brc, op1_brcl, op1_lay, op1_lg)
(op1_lmy, op1_ly, op1_sg, op1_stmy, op1_sty, op1_sy, op_a)
(op_agr, op_bas, op_bc, op_bcr, op_sgr, op_sr): New opcodes.
I see there were none removed, or significantly changed.
If this is inconvenient for you, I can make the change after your
patch is committed.