This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: handle zero-length types in value_from_register
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 27 Jan 2004 10:38:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: handle zero-length types in value_from_register
- References: <email@example.com> <40166B2D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Cagney <email@example.com> writes:
> > 2004-01-27 Jim Blandy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * findvar.c (value_from_register): If the type has no length,
> > just
> > return an acceptable value --- don't report an internal error.
> This looks to need a test case.
I tried to put one together, but the bug only occurs when the
zero-length value is allocated to a register. I couldn't find any way
to make that happen at all. So the only known instance of this bug
depends on bad debug info.