This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [Patch] Try2: -var-evaluate-expression [-f FORMAT] NAME
- From: "Marc Khouzam" <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>
- To: "Michael Snyder" <msnyder at specifix dot com>, "Vladimir Prus" <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:20:04 -0400
- Subject: RE: [Patch] Try2: -var-evaluate-expression [-f FORMAT] NAME
> > > * varobj.h (varobj_get_formatted_value): Declare.
> > > * varobj.c (my_value_of_variable): Added format parameter.
> > > (cplus_value_of_variable): Likewise.
> > > (java_value_of_variable): Likewise.
> > > (*(value_of_variable)): Likewise.
> > Is '*(value_of_variable)' really a name of a function? :-)
> It is, actually -- but not in varobj.c. Thanks for raising this.
> Marc, we prefer not to have identifiers or file names abbreviated
> in changelogs.
I created some confusion here.
(*(value_of_variable)) is a function pointer, that is a member of the
'language_specific' struct. I added a parameter to that function pointer,
but I guess it need not be in the Changelog since it is just a pointer to
other functions I changed. I'll remove from the Changelog.