This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch to handle compressed sections
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Craig Silverstein <csilvers at google dot com>, drow at false dot org, bauerman at br dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:45:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: Patch to handle compressed sections
- References: <20080325230440.BF0623F25D6@localhost> <20080403054128.A45A43F25F0@localhost> <20080403064309.5454D3F25F0@localhost>
A Thursday 03 April 2008 07:43:09, Craig Silverstein wrote:
> I'm sorry to do this, but hot on the heels of my last patch comes a
> new version. While trying to implement this in gold, I realized that
> gold does not have endianness information handy at the time it's
> writing the compressed header.
> So I've changed back to writing the
> uncompressed size always in big-endian. New patch below.
Out of curiosity, did you try running the whole GDB testsuite
outputting compressed debug info? Perhaps with
"set GDBFLAGS=\"-Wl,--whatever-switch-is-necessary\"" in your