This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Pending breakpoints
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:48:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: Pending breakpoints
- References: <email@example.com> <20080321144600.GB25307@caradoc.them.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 11:00:35PM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
> -6 longjmp keep n 0xb7da7be0 <siglongjmp>
> -7 longjmp keep n 0xb7da7be0 <siglongjmp>
> -8 longjmp keep n 0xb7da7be0 <siglongjmp>
Actually this is the one I consider a problem; it's weird that we look
up the symbol name for this. We set breakpoints on longjmp and
_longjmp and siglongjmp just in case they're different. And that
predates your change.
> > Even better would be to discard locations when we shlib_disable a
> > breakpoint, and get rid of the shlib_disable flag. But doing that may
> > require that we get rid of shared libraries when we're supposed to.
> Would that `solve' this problem?
I hope so.