This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: -var-update @
- From: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:09:52 +0400
- Subject: Re: -var-update @
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sunday 30 March 2008 07:54:08 Nick Roberts wrote:
> > So, we still don't know why the current code does not work? I think
> > we still get to figure out, to make sure that whatever bug there is
> > does not affect other cases.
> My patch didn't do the right thing (it always marked a floating variable
> object as changed) but it's along the right lines. How about this one?
This patch seem to go in the right direction. I'm somewhat surprised that
evaluating previous expression gets bogus value, as opposed to getting
value in the frame where varobj was originally created. Any ideas why is that?
Do you think you can write some test to go along this patch?