This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: multiple breakpoint - is "Cannot insert breakpoint <..>. Error accessing memory address <..>" correct for location?
- From: Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:16:49 +0400
- Subject: Re: multiple breakpoint - is "Cannot insert breakpoint <..>. Error accessing memory address <..>" correct for location?
- References: <47F64410.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bogdan Slusarczyk wrote:
> Hi, I have situation when gdb cannot set multiple breakpoint at specific
> location. Suppose I have breakpoint with number 1, which has 3
> locations, but one of them cannot be set. Gdb returns: "Cannot insert
> breakpoint 1. Error accessing memory address 0x111111.".
Why does this error happen?
> I'm wondering
> that this message is ok, because it's not true that whole breakpoint
> cannot be set. Question is: will message "Cannot insert breakpoint 1.1"
> be ok? or something similar, maybe: "Cannot insert location 1.1"?
This (last) message of course is nicer. The question is how it should work
via MI? If -break-insert as the whole is deemed done, then user might never
know that some of the locations cannot be inserted.