This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa, gdbserver] Fix breakage due to XML rework
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: luisgpm at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, drow at false dot org
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 21:09:50 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [rfa, gdbserver] Fix breakage due to XML rework
> This regressed two testcases for PowerPC (not sure if any other archs
> are affected), ext-run.exp and server-run.exp. This might have something
> to do with this message that shows up during the execution:
> "Protocol error: qXfer:features:read (target-features) conflicting
> enabled responses."
> Reverting the patch fixes the problem.
Doh. If gdbserver always reports qXfer:features:read as supported,
it must of course also never return "unsupported" status when that
query is executed. I thought this was already the case, but I
overlooked this extra check ... Sorry.
The following patch fixes the regressions on ppc.
OK for mainline?
* server.c (handle_query): Never return "unsupported" for
diff -urNp gdb-orig/gdb/gdbserver/server.c gdb-head/gdb/gdbserver/server.c
--- gdb-orig/gdb/gdbserver/server.c 2008-03-27 14:11:52.000000000 +0100
+++ gdb-head/gdb/gdbserver/server.c 2008-04-04 20:39:26.703101250 +0200
@@ -497,14 +497,6 @@ handle_query (char *own_buf, int packet_
- /* Check for support. */
- document = get_features_xml ("target.xml");
- if (document == NULL)
- own_buf = '\0';
/* Grab the annex, offset, and length. */
if (decode_xfer_read (own_buf + 20, &annex, &ofs, &len) < 0)
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE