This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC 1/5] Lazy register values
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: drow at false dot org (Daniel Jacobowitz)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 21:47:36 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC 1/5] Lazy register values
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I don't think that's what happens - value_contents ->
> value_contents_writeable -> value_fetch_lazy. I figured the fetch at
> this point was acceptable; we work hard to avoid fetching memory
> because it might be large, but registers are better bounded.
> Do you agree, or are the offsets worthwhile after all?
Ah, I see. Yes, that looks fine to me then.
> My plan is to wait until at least next week, in case anyone else
> has comments; revise for comments; do as many other platforms as
> I can test; and then start checking this in. I'll fix any other
> platforms I'm asked to. I don't expect any substantial revisions,
> in case you feel like getting a head start :-)
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE