This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFA] Add dwarf to last_source_file comment.
- From: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:08:16 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: [RFA] Add dwarf to last_source_file comment.
Ok to check in?
2008-04-04 Doug Evans <email@example.com>
* buildsym.h (last_source_file): Add dwarf info to comment.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/buildsym.h,v
retrieving revision 1.20
diff -u -p -u -p -r1.20 buildsym.h
--- buildsym.h 1 Jan 2008 22:53:09 -0000 1.20
+++ buildsym.h 4 Apr 2008 23:07:20 -0000
@@ -47,12 +47,14 @@ struct block;
/* Name of source file whose symbol data we are now processing. This
- comes from a symbol of type N_SO. */
+ comes from a symbol of type N_SO for stabs. For Dwarf it comes from the
+ DW_AT_name attribute of a DW_TAG_compile_unit DIE. */
EXTERN char *last_source_file;
/* Core address of start of text of current source file. This too
- comes from the N_SO symbol. */
+ comes from the N_SO symbol. For Dwarf it typically comes from the
+ DW_AT_low_pc attribute of a DW_TAG_compile_unit DIE. */
EXTERN CORE_ADDR last_source_start_addr;