This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[patch] dw2-ranges.S non-g GAS crash [Re: spu-as internal error]
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:30:27 +0200
- Subject: [patch] dw2-ranges.S non-g GAS crash [Re: spu-as internal error]
- References: <OF789B1703.6C47E7DB-ONCA257424.0010854A-E9257424.00108D3E@au1.ibm.com> <20080407040340.GF1446@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 06:03:40 +0200, Alan Modra wrote:
> Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > building the file gdb.dwarf2/dw2-ranges.S from the GDB test suite results
> > in an internal error in spu-as (current SDK CVS version):
> > /home/uweigand/fsf/gdb-head/gdb/testsuite/gdb.dwarf2/dw2-ranges.S:40:
> > Internal error, aborting at ../../binutils-2.18.50/gas/dwarf2dbg.c line
> > 1675 in out_debug_info
> > Please report this bug.
> Has this testcase ever assembled? On any target? I think gas would
> always have aborted unless you pass -g to gas or supply .file
It was always built just inside `runtest'.
Requesting a commit approval. Verified unpatched GDB still FAILs on it.
(Still aware / going to post the fix to the STABS regression by this patch:
2008-04-07 Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gdb.dwarf2/dw2-ranges.S: New stub `.file' directive.
--- ./gdb/testsuite/gdb.dwarf2/dw2-ranges.S 1 Jan 2008 22:53:19 -0000 1.2
+++ ./gdb/testsuite/gdb.dwarf2/dw2-ranges.S 7 Apr 2008 06:24:13 -0000
@@ -19,6 +19,9 @@
DW_AT_ranges as the linker could place both sections at arbitrary locations.
+ /* Such directive is required by GAS for builds without `-g'. */
+ .file 1 "dw2-ranges.S"
/* Without this directive GAS will not emit DWARF2 unless we provide an
instruction to assemble. We want to avoid any instructions to
remain architecture independent. */