This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] dw2-ranges.S non-g GAS crash [Re: spu-as internal error]
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com (Jan Kratochvil)
- Cc: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au (Alan Modra), Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:56:10 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] dw2-ranges.S non-g GAS crash [Re: spu-as internal error]
Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > Has this testcase ever assembled? On any target? I think gas would
> > always have aborted unless you pass -g to gas or supply .file
> > directives.
> It was always built just inside `runtest'.
> Requesting a commit approval. Verified unpatched GDB still FAILs on it.
As I just noticed, this is really also a spu-gcc problem: gcc *is* always
called with -g, but spu-gcc does not pass this on to the assembler.
Do you still think we should add the .file directive, or does the test
case make more sense without it?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE