This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: MI testsuite fix
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:21:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: MI testsuite fix
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 09:02:07PM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> It is also arguable if that warning has any value, but in any case,
> we should be filtering warnings.
I am not sure this is true. Warning the user about this sort of
thing should imply something really wrong; otherwise, bothering
the user (who probably can not do anything about it except report it
to us) is not very helpful. And during the testsuite there shouldn't
be anything wrong that the user (i.e. the testsuite harness) can't
As for the warning itself, I'd approve a patch to remove it. I'd also
approve a patch to reuse some of the qOffsets machinery for this, but
that would take more testing... if you want to look at that,
keep in mind that SEC_LOAD doesn't mean the VMA is useful; you
also need to check !SEC_THREAD_LOCAL.