This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc, rfa/doc] Multi-threaded watchpoint improvements
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:49:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rfc, rfa/doc] Multi-threaded watchpoint improvements
- References: <20070916183949.GA23966@caradoc.them.org> <20071001002015.GA15835@caradoc.them.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:40:23AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> That completely broke watchpoints on ppc. They are no longer recognized
> as such, and gdb is reporting a SIGTRAP instead.
Luis reported some problems, too (last October). The discussion
trailed off waiting for him to look at it further. I also tested on a
PowerPC system before committing the patch, so it's got to be some
combination of factors that didn't show up on my target.
Covering my ass out of the way, can you be a little more specific?
What CPU/kernel, any useful debug logs you have, et cetera.