This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/RFC] Report the original location specification for a breakpoint.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:57:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA/RFC] Report the original location specification for a breakpoint.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 02:34:57PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> This patch adds the necessary MI support for reporting the original location.
> It's not ready to be checked in because MI testsuite will likely break all over.
> OTOH, I've tested this with KDevelop4, and it works just fine. I'll fix this
> before committing.
> Is this patch OK?
> In fact, I wonder if I can commit patches like this, that touch files
> outside of MI code but apparently change behaviour only for MI, without
> approval. Any comments?
Isn't this going to affect more than MI? I thought the text from
ui_out_field_string was displayed for console too, just without the
This definitely needs documentation to go in. I can't say this
enough. Undocumented fields in the MI output might as well not exist.
Beyond those, I don't see a problem with it. Though wouldn't we like
to display this in the CLI sometimes too?