This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc/rft] ppc gdbserver: autodetect AltiVec and SPE
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:28:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rfc/rft] ppc gdbserver: autodetect AltiVec and SPE
- References: <20080228135240.GA8988@caradoc.them.org> <200802281657.m1SGv67A001187@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 05:57:06PM +0100, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> - There was a conditional check for fpscr in ppc_cannot_store_register;
> but as this routine is never called for fpscr in SPE mode, the check
> seems superfluous and I just removed it.
This doesn't seem to be true.
gdbserver: Unknown register fpscr requested
There's no code to use PPC_PTRACE_GETREGS, so we do in fact reach
here. I'm retesting with
/* Some kernels do not allow us to store fpscr. */
if (!(ppc_hwcap & PPC_FEATURE_HAS_SPE) && regno == find_regno ("fpscr"))