This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/solib-svr4] use AT_BASE auxiliary entry to compute load base address
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:37:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA/solib-svr4] use AT_BASE auxiliary entry to compute load base address
- References: <20070912211805.GF10540@adacore.com> <200804171511.m3HFBc5N021455@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 05:11:38PM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> GDB used to work correctly in the presence of prelinking anyway,
> because for regular shared libraries it detected that mismatch by
> comparing the load addresses from the BFD it reads with those
> recorded in the dynamic loader's data structures (LM_ADDR_CHECK),
> and adjusting its expectations if it detects prelinking.
Can we read the dynamic linker's ELF header from the target, to
Wait, no, we can't... if we knew where it was loaded we wouldn't
need AT_BASE. Well, we could ask gdbserver to read from the
target filesystem for us...