This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch]: Fix access to SPU registers for fortran
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: drow at false dot org (Daniel Jacobowitz)
- Cc: deuling at de dot ibm dot com (Markus Deuling), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (GDB Patches)
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:00:42 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch]: Fix access to SPU registers for fortran
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Not without documentation, please. Syntax that doesn't come from
> Fortran (as far as I know) and isn't in the manual might as well not
> be there :-)
Hmmm, most of the output changes in Markus' patch actually bring the
output in line with correct Fortran syntax in the first place ;-)
The one addition is the representation of "union" types in the output;
this can never happen in regular Fortran, but can happen if you access
registers that use a gdbarch-defined union type. This extension is
simply the "C_Union" marker; note that as far as the *parser* is
concerned, there is no syntax extension.
But I guess you're right that this extension should be documented.
I assume the right place would be somewhere in section 12.4.3 Fortran?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE