This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: Hardware watchpoint register support for mips-linux.
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:52:09 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Hardware watchpoint register support for mips-linux.
- References: <480CEC37.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, David Daney wrote:
> This patch adds support for hardware watchpoint registers present in
> some mips processors. I consider it a very rough first version of the
> patch as there are several things missing before it would be fully
> functional. However it is sufficient to demonstrate that the kernel
> support is working.
Well done! -- something I have meant to do for years, but never come to.
Out of curiousity -- does your kernel side support MIPS architecture style
watchpoints only or does it work with the R4000-style watch registers as
well? I recall having a discussion with Daniel about how to support both
in a reasonably abstract way long ago. Either way thanks a lot, and I
have an R4k machine handy, so I can see if I find some time to give it a