This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Using STL containers with GDB
- From: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- To: Vincent Benony <vbenony at nordnet dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:35:09 +1200
- Subject: Re: Using STL containers with GDB
- References: <1208857199.6213.15.camel@bsr-desktop>
> So, yesterday, I decided myself to look at the code of GDB. After a
> quick look, I wrote this patch. I know that it's not very clean, and
> that it makes many assumptions about STL containers, and that it cannot
> be considered as a long term feature for GDB, but, believe me, it's very
> very usefull !
> Now, I can look at the content of list, vector, set, map, multiset,
> multimap and string simply with the classic "print" command of GDB.
The Python branch appears to work for executables compiled with Gcc only. I'm
curious to know if this approach will work for executables built using other