This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC/ia64-linux] pb with shared libraries when attaching to process
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:47:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC/ia64-linux] pb with shared libraries when attaching to process
- References: <20080425012331.GP1431@adacore.com>
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 06:23:31PM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> (gdb) maintenance info break
> Num Type Disp Enb Address What
> -1 shlib events keep y 0x200000000003b768 <local+168>
> (the slot number is encoded in the last 4 bits of the address and
> should be either 0, 1, or 2).
So what's actually at that address? Dump a couple of words... my
first guess is that it ends up being a function descriptor for
_dl_debug_state, but GDB is somehow failing to convert it back into
the breakpoint address.