This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Report the main thread.
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: vladimir at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:17:09 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Report the main thread.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> From: Vladimir Prus <email@example.com>
> Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:05:17 +0400
> Presently, on Linux, we do add the main thread to the thread list, but we
> fail to report this new thread to outside world. I think we should not
> do any such special-casing -- if we want the =thread-created notification
> to be usable as replacement for getting the thread, we better emit that
> for all new thread.
I disagree. The "main" thread is not a new thread, but has been there
all along. Users would be terribly confused you'd report some sort of
thread creation event here.