This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] New annotation for threads
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:37:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New annotation for threads
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This is just an annotation equivalent of Vladimir's patch for an observer
> for new threads.
I'd really like to have others' opinions on this one. I thought that
we weren't going to change our annotations anymore. And even though
we were not going to remove annotations for a while longer, we were
going to focuse on MI instead.
The change is sufficiently small that I'm thinking, why not, but can't
approve the suggestion just by myself.
Regarding the code itself:
> 2008-04-18 Nick Roberts <email@example.com>
> * annotate.h: (annotate_new_thread): New extern.
> * annotate.c (annotate_new_thread): New function.
> * thread.c (add_thread_with_info): Use it.
How about creating a new observer for new_threads events instead of
specifically calling an annotation function from "add_thread"? Seems
much cleaner that way.