This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC][patch 0/9] Python support in GDB
- From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:17:40 -0300
- Subject: Re: [RFC][patch 0/9] Python support in GDB
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 21:14 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:52:12 -0300
> > From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > This patch series adds Python scripting support to GDB, and exposes
> > some of its subsystems hopefully in a "pythonic" way.
> Thanks a lot!
> I presume that you are suggesting these patches for the GDB CVS trunk,
> right? That is, it isn't gonna live on some specialized branch,
> right? If so, it must be accompanied by some minimal documentation.
> We cannot have such a major feature go undocumented.
You are right of course, I forgot to talk about this in the e-mail,
sorry. The reason there is no documentation right now is that we want to
do it after it is clear what will be the final form fo python support.
It could be what is in these patches, but it can change based on further
Thiago Jung Bauermann
IBM Linux Technology Center