This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: linux native, switch forks, always have a thread
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at specifix dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:37:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: linux native, switch forks, always have a thread
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 15:36 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I'd missed this case when I made linux native always have a thread.
> It's not perfect in the sense that switching forks ("restart"/"fork",
> not follow-fork-mode) in multi-threaded apps doesn't handle
> multi-threading correctly yet, but that is an already existing
> problem. We shall be getting back to that in a few weeks
> for multi-process support.
I think you'll find that fork is more-or-less undefined
in the context of a multi-threaded program, meaning that
it's not terribly urgent that we try to handle this case.